HOW CAN WE HELP YOU
Aquatic therapy is Physical Therapy that takes place in a pool or other aquatic environment under the supervision of a trained healthcare professional. Aquatic therapy is also known as water therapy, aquatic rehabilitation, aqua therapy, pool therapy, therapeutic aquatic exercise or hydrotherapy.
The common goal of our aquatic therapy programs include:
- Improving flexibility
- Improving balance and coordination
- Building muscle strength and endurance
- Enhancing aerobic capacity
- Assisting with gait and locomotion
- Reducing stress and promoting relaxation
Aquatic Therapy eliminates unnecessary stress on muscles and joints and is an ideal method to exercise or rehabilitate the body. It reduces body weight by 90%, reduces spasticity and relaxes muscles.
NJ Institute Aquatic Rehabilitation Program consists of supervised exercise performed in our indoor pool. Warm water provides a relaxing and soothing environment for aching joints and muscles.
Swimming is not a prerequisite skill. Clients can perform each exercise while standing in the water, holding onto the side of the pool or using a floatation device. Exercising in a pool gains the benefits of physical training and therapy without the compressive forces associated with the gravity of a land workout. Aquatic Rehabilitation may be prescribed specially for:
- Low back pain
- Joint pain from sports and daily repetitive activity
- Neurological and orthopedic injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Muscle weakness secondary to chronic or acute injury or illness
- Abnormality of gait or difficulty with walking
- Balance disorders
- Weight loss
Warm water provides a relaxing and soothing environment for aching joints and muscles.
Schedule Your Consultation
☏ CALL 855-425-1900
CALL TODAY TO SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION
Over 20 years of experience treating work and sports related injuries, car accidents, and aches and paints from normal activites of daily life.
NJ Institute for Spine & Joint Pain. 901 North Wood Avenue Linden, NJ 07036